Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ray Stantz and the Kingdom of the Expensive Vodka

Thanks to the modern wonder that is John Hodgman, I discovered CRYSTAL HEAD VODKA, a distilled spirit hauked by none other than Elwood Blues. It is, in short, most likely middling quality vodka in a bottle SHAPED LIKE A HUMAN SKULL. Dan Aykroyd explains that Bruni glass of Milan spent over two years developing the skull bottles based on a design by noted artist John Alexander.

I ask you: how am I not supposed to order some?

Distilled? Piss off. Double distilled? Get the eff outta here. TRIPLE distilled? Sir, I demand you leave my parlor at ONCE!

Crystal Head Vodka is quadruple distilled.*

How am I not supposed to order some?

Through Herkimer Diamonds, no less. Until now, I was not aware that jewels of any ilk are important in the distillation process. From now on, I shall put rubies in my wine and emeralds in my beer. Suck it, Mondavi/Jose Cuervo.

I found some at Napacabs.com and placed my order post-haste. I can't imagine what the bottles cost, but at $39.99, I figure the vodka is just a bonus.

A month or so from now, dear readers, you might find yourself smack dab in the middle of a telephonic conversation with your humble diarist similar to the one below.

"Hi Charlie. What's going on?"

"I'm just reclining on a chez lounge, eating a whole roasted chicken."

"That sounds fun."

"Oh, I forgot. I'm also drinking homebrew out of a CRYSTAL SKULL."



* Is this somehow important?


0 comments: